Today, we communicate more and more by email. We use email communication to write something to friends, family, colleagues or clients. Whoever the recipient of your email is, it is very important that you compose emails efficiently. As you know, by writing effective email, you can save time, other people’s time, and you can gain more confidence on the other side.
Reply to email as soon as possible
More and more people are communicating with each other via email. Even if they mention it directly or not, they expect quick responses. One of the Jupiter Research studies indicates that 35% of customers expect a response within six hours, an additional 55% expect a response within 24 hours. While many people focus on response times, content is just as important. The same study indicated that the lack of a complete answer (45%) will cause online shoppers to view a negative business when considering future purchases.
Learn the art of writing emails
Poor quality emails will generate additional roundtrip emails, which could be more time consuming. Worse yet, they can route unnecessary calls to your most expensive channel – your phone. And at that point, customers will inevitably be angry and frustrated.
Here are some tips for writing complete and appropriate email responses:
1. Format your answer so that it is easy to read on the screen. Do not write emails with very long sentences, which are horizontal. Each line must be short. Ideally, just write 5-6 words on each line and no more.
2. make sure your subject is concise and meaningful to the recipient … not just generic
“Response from the marketing team” But also be careful that it doesn’t look like spam.
3. Have one topic per paragraph. Mention it separately with blank lines, so that it is easy to read and understand.
4. Be brief. Use as few words as possible to get your message across. More is not better when
it is email. An email is not perceived as an electronic letter.
5. Use simple declarative sentences. Write for a third or fourth grade audience,
especially if you are creating templates that are sent automatically. You don’t know the file
the level of education of the sender or the level of confidence of the sender in the English language.
6. Be sensitive to the tone of the original email. If the sender is upset due to an error in
for your part, acknowledge the mistake. Make it clear what you are doing to correct the situation.
7. Be sure to answer all questions posed in the original application. A partial answer
frustrates the sender and results in more contacts. It also makes the company send
the answer seems inept.
8. Make it clear what actions you will take next and when the writer can expect them.
next contact of yours.
9. Don’t ask for an order number / case number or any old information you remember from your mind only when it is included in the original email … it sounds simple enough, but sometimes people lose very obvious information in the ‘mail electronic.
10. Don’t just tell the sender to visit your website. In many cases, they have already been
the website and couldn’t find the answers they were looking for. If you want them to go
Go back to the website, provide a direct link to the exact information the reader needs.